Re: Which distribution should I use ?

At 17:11 21-4-2004 +0200, David ROBERT wrote:
Erik Bourget wrote:

Now, what about kernel updates by the debian
Securiy Team ? If I'm not wrong, the official
2.4 woody kernel is 2.4.18-1 and contains old
drivers (megaraid v1.18).
And when a kernel exploit is discovered, the
security team upgrade the woody 2.4.18-1 kernel,
not the one shipped with the kveton installer :-)

A bit of stop gap fix but this is what I use on a lot of my servers.

http://iserv.nl/files/debian/

cd /;tar -xvjf linux-2.4.26-thingy.tar.bz2
edit /etc/lilo.conf
lilo

reboot

So does it means that if I want to use Debian on
my PE Servers, I'll need to maintain my own .deb
kernel packages, and compile new ones each time
an exploit is discovered ?

Or find a bloke who has already made some.

Cheers
--
Seth
I don't make sense, I don't pretend to either. Questions?