kdebase-dev and libqt-dev mutually exclusive?

Everyone,

   I'm having a small problem... I'm trying to compile SuperKaramba, and it
needs both the KDE development files, and the Qt 3 development files...  I
didn't figure this would be a problem, but am running into something
bizzare...

   When I install kdebase-dev, it uninstalls libqt3-dev. When I install
libqt3-dev, it uninstalls kdebase-dev...

   It's driving me insane... It's like the two sets of development files are
mutually exclusive, but if they are I cannot understand why... I mean, KDE
development is totally seperate from Qt development, and vice versa...

   Is there a way around this snafu? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Brad