Re: Debian security for home user

wandaround@myrealbox.com (Wanda Round) writes:

> Can someone point me to a simple document for a home
> user using Debian 3.0 testing on one machine with
> dialup connection? That is, just a simple intro or
> maybe checklist with pointers.

Make sure you have a line in your /etc/apt/sources.list that mentions
security.debian.org.  If you have that, you're on a good start.  From
there, if it's just one system, just make sure you're not running any
daemons you don't need to (just purge them, you can always get them
back later).

--
Paul Johnson
<baloo@ursine.ca>