Re: Debian security for home user

Wanda Round wrote:

Debian certainly has lots of help files for security,
so many that I got overwhelmed.

Can someone point me to a simple document for a home
user using Debian 3.0 testing on one machine with
dialup connection? That is, just a simple intro or
maybe checklist with pointers.

Iptables just lost my poor old brain :-(

Thanks.

Wanda

Hello Wanda,

The package 'firestarter', downloaded by way of apt-get, has a simple and instructional 'wizard' setup.
For the typical home user situation, this is all that is required.
If you have any difficulty understanding the terminologies employed in the wizard, bookmark this site:-

http://whatis.techtarget.com/

and use the search feature.
Regards,

David.