Re: Debian security for home user

Hello Wanda!

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 11:25:51AM -0700, Wanda Round wrote:
> Debian certainly has lots of help files for security,
> so many that I got overwhelmed.
>
> Can someone point me to a simple document for a home
> user using Debian 3.0 testing on one machine with
> dialup connection? That is, just a simple intro or
> maybe checklist with pointers.
>
> Iptables just lost my poor old brain :-(

Don't worry, you'll have your eureka one day... ;)

Did you check http://www.debian.org/security/ ?

It lists:
"For more information about security issues in Debian, please refer to
the Security Team FAQ[1] and a manual called Securing Debian[2]."

[1] http://www.debian.org/security/faq
[2] http://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals#securing

Take those as starters.

For info regardings iptables please see the documentation section on
http://www.netfilter.org/

HTH,
Flo