Re: GDM not reading Sessions dir

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:41:20 -0500
Rob Benton <rob.benton@conwaycorp.net> wrote:

> I'm using the gdm package from sarge (2.4.4.7-1) that I just updated to
> a few days ago.  For some reason I no longer have my usual sessions to
> choose from on the login screen.  All I see now is:
>
>     Last
>     1. Default System Session
>     Failsafe Gnome
>     Failsafe Terminal
>
> I have been using 2.4.* versions for some time w/o any problems.  I can
> hear an audible beep when gdm starts up which makes me think there's an
> error somewhere but nothing shows up in the log.
>
> Anybody run into this before?

Lots of people.  It's been discussed in the archives of this mailing
list.  It's also in the bug tracking system listings for gdm.  And
it's in the docs for gdm (found on your machine in /usr/share/doc/gdm).
It's a really good idea to check these three places first when you're
having a problem with a package like this.

Hint (other than looking at those):  compare your old /etc/gdm/gdm.conf
to the new one you got when you did the upgrade.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)