Re: gnome hicolor-icon-theme_0.5-1_all.deb upgrade problem

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:31:20 +0200
Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de> wrote:

			[ snip ]

> I'm seriously interested in getting to know whether I need to readjust
> my code of conduct.

As near as I can tell you did fine.  When I saw the original post, my
immediate reaction was "he doesn't think to check (or doesn't know
about) the BTS, but wants to install packages out of experimental?
Not just unstable, but *experimental*?"  But then I saw you'd said
that already (and probably more smoothly than I would have), so I
laid off.  Now I'm very very glad I did.  You were not impolite; you
tried to point him in the direction of figuring it out for himself
(always best), then went ahead and told him what to do explicitly,
then showed him that it worked for you and asked for more info.
Seems sensible to me.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)