Re: gnome hicolor-icon-theme_0.5-1_all.deb upgrade problem

Hello debian-user,

escalating back to the list. Please tell me whether my behavior is
aggravating the situation and whether I'm screwing around with his
head. So far I considered myself not to be overly friendly but still
polite, and I thought my suggestions would have helped this user.

As this is apparently not the case please also state a more
appropriate solution to this user's problem. I guess I'm not the best
choice to walk him through the process.

For reference I include everything I sent to Philip off-list (snipping
out everything he didn't disclose publicly; Philip can authorize me to
add his replies or just do so himself).
I'm seriously interested in getting to know whether I need to readjust
my code of conduct.

Thanks for taking care,
cheers,
Flo

Abstract of the original problem:
he wants to install a package from experimental, gets a file overlap,
but still wants to proceed installing this package.

My off-list mails follow: