Re: print kernel tree from make xconfig?

Matt Price wrote:
anyone know whetheri t's possible to print out the lovely display of
the kernel module tree from "make xconfig"?  I would like to have an
annotated copy (what modules are required on which machines for what
purposes, etc...).

do a screen grab out of gimp maybe ?

unfortunately one screen length won't do it.

I can improvise, but I'd love to have the whole tree printed outi n
front of me sometimes...

The section breakdown and naming information for menuconfig and xconfig is specified in the "Kconfig" files in the kernel source tree.

From these files and the generated .config, you can derive the structure you see in menuconfig or xconfig, with the configured options.

A script to parse this information and generate an expanded kernel config tree to text would be fairly straightforward. I'd recommend perl.

dircha