Re: INIT: ID "2" respawning too fast: Disabled for 5 minutes

I had this problem for months and posted and nobody appeared to have the
solution.
A friend of mine did a google search and found something from a 2001
debian-user post; I can not say for sure that this will work. I solved my
problem by changing to mingetty as I had other reasons for wanting to do
this anyway.
However, my friend who found the google entry said that the problem could
be solved by adding -L to each of your /etc/inittab getty lines
after getty and before 38400.
Again, didn't try it so can't vouch for it.
Hth.

--
Cheryl