Re: system wide fix for 'max user processes'/RLIMIT_NPROC?

Not system wide, re-read my message. I'm using that. That only works for PAM apps. init isn't a PAM app. somewhere between the kernel firing init and initscripts getting run something is screwing up that limit. And there has beena change between 'woody' and 'sarge' since sarge isn't screwed up like this.