Re: Problem with udev and apcupsd

Colin <cwvca_blah@hotmail.com> writes:

> I managed to fix the problem by adding the following line to my
> /etc/udev/links.conf file:
>
> M hiddev0       c 180 96
>
> This seems a little bit hackish to me and I was wondering if there is
> a better way to solve this problem.  I do have the "hid" entry in my
> /etc/modules file but this doesn't seem to fix the problem.

The better way of fixing this would be to port the module to the sysfs
so that udev finds the node automatically. Until then, this is actually
the only solution. Although later version of udev (starting with 023, I
think) has support for ppp and loop outside of sysfs, so your hiddev0
might be supported already (haven't paid enough attention to udev
mailing list to see what they changed)

--
John L. Fjellstad