Unresolved symbols error when installing kernel image

Hello,

I installed with a minimal iso (woody_xfs_netinst.iso) from http://www.physik.tu-cottbus.de/~george/debian-xfs/. I then tried to isntall the 2.4.21-2 kernel image from the same site. The install went fine, but when trying to install the new kernel image I received an error about Unresolved symbols for each and every driver module.

I went ahead and installed the kernel and rebooted successfully, however I had to manually track down and load my ethernet driver.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Matt