2.6 kernel causing X to hang?

Hey, at least you got the Java IDE to run! Mine (Netbeans) just kicks me off X
entirely!

2.6.5 is the best yet of the 2.6s but this still happens. I doubt if this is a
kernel problem as my problem started with a XFree86 upgrade. That might not
be it either--the problem might relate to KDE visavis Java, permissions or
firewall (Netbeans requires a connection to operate).

Anybody have any ideas?