Re: apt-get upgrade == no eth0/sound for nforce2

On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 13:59, paul wrote:
> I've since found that before the apg-get upgrade my machine was loading
> 23 modules, but now is just loading 19.  One of those not being loaded
> is hotplug, which I thought it was before.  Could this one module be
> responsible for loading the ethernet and sound?
>
> modconf shows four drivers for hotplug, any idea which is most appropriate?
>
> I'm still not sure what I upgraded yesterday (if in fact that was it)
> that would cause this...
>
> Thanks again,  Paul

It's fixed.  I found the four modules that were no longer being loaded,
though I have no idea what the cause of this whole thing was in the
first place.  Those modules for future reference: pci_hotplug, forcedeth
(in /net), ac97_codec, and i810_audio.