Re: lost mouse functionality in 2.6.x kernel upgrade

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Ralph Crongeyer wrote:

> In /etc/modules add the line:
>
> psmouse
>
> Then restart X.

Unfortunately this did not change anything.  Even after putting the entry
psmouse in the file /etc/modules, the mouse cursor remains frozen when the
computer gets into gui mode.  It does not respond to anything I do with
the physical mouse.  Incidentally, gpm also does not work in the console
(i.e., no cursor appears when I move the mouse around, as it does when I
am in a console when using the 2.4.25 kernel).  Perhaps I need to
uncomment the generic mouse entry in XF86Config-4 again?  I don't really
see how that could apply though, since it's not a USB mouse (unless my
understanding of the generic mouse stanza as referring to USB mice is
mistaken).

Thanks, James