Re: problems with fetching packages via apt-get, part2

Hi,

I've figured out that apt-get works fine, but it can't find the version it
is looking for, hence the 404 error.
How can I change which version of a package is downloaded ?

best regards,

Andy Kannberg
System Manager
SITE UNIX group
LG Philips Displays Eindhoven
The Netherlands
tel: 040 - 2304678
fax: 040 - 2785405
e-mail: Andy.Kannberg@LGPhilips-Displays.com

|---------+------------------------------------>
|         |           Andy.Kannberg@lgphilips-d|
|         |           isplays.com              |
|         |                                    |
|         |           04/13/2004 10:13 AM      |
|         |                                    |
|---------+------------------------------------>
  |                                                                                                              |
  |       To:       debian-user@lists.debian.org                                                                 |
  |       cc:                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  problems with fetching packages via apt-get                                                  |
  |                                                                                                              |

Hello all,

I'm new to the list, and also new to Debian. Though, I have UNIX (Solaris)
experience and a little RedHat / SuSe knowledge, so I am not a complete
newby.
Here at work we've got a Debian box to administer. Now, I need to install
the nfs-kernel-server package.
But when I try to install it with apt-get, I get the following:

nlyehvrau1ms006:~# apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  nfs-kernel-server
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 16  not upgraded.
Need to get 75.5kB of archives. After unpacking 242kB will be used.
Err http://ftp.nl.debian.org unstable/main nfs-kernel-server 1:1.0.3-1
  404 Not Found
Failed to fetch
http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/nfs-utils/nfs-kernel-server_1.0.3-1_i386.deb

  404 Not Found
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with
--fix-missing?

This is the /etc/apt/sourcels.list:

#deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main
#deb http://devel-home.kde.org/~nolden/kde/dists/woody/main/binary-i386 ./
deb http://borft.student.utwente.nl/debian unstable main contrib
deb http://borft.student.utwente.nl/debian woody main contrib
deb http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/MIRRORS/OpenOffice.deb unstable main contrib

#deb http://people.debian.org/~kov/debian woody gnome2
#deb-src http://people.debian.org/~kov/debian woody gnome2
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main

#deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main

deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ unstable main non-free contrib

deb ftp://sunsite.dk/mirrors/java-linux/debian woody main non-free
#deb http://wh9.tu-dresden.de/kde3/karolina ./
#deb    http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid ./
deb http://borst.student.utwente.nl/~daniels/sid/i386 ./
#deb ftp://ftp.cs.umn.edu/pub/debian-misc/daniels/current/sid/i386 ./
#deb http://people.debian.org/~ccheney/kde-3.1.0-1/ ./
deb http://people.debian.org/~ccheney/kde-other ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~ccheney/kde-other ./
deb http://phebehouse.dyndns.org/pub/kdepim ./

Is there a way to refresh this list ?
What I also find curious is that apt-get decides to use the
http://ftp.nl.debian.org ( the 6th entry in the list) instead of
http://borft.student.utwente.nl (the 1st entry)

Hope you can help me out on this!

Kind regards,