fullscreen movie playback blurry: nvidia or TFT?

Hi,

I have experienced something weird while playing a movie. It's independent
of the player (mplayer/ogle/xine) or the format (DVD/avi/mpeg).

When the movie is played in a normal window, nothing is wrong, but when
switching to full screen mode, the movie looks 'blurred' (can be best
compared with playing PAL DVD's which are badly deinterlaced). Same effect
occurs when I resize the window close to full screen width.

Strangely, this only seem to be a problem for resolution 1280x1024 (don't
know about higher ones), but when zooming X (ctl+alt++) to 1280x960 (works
best) or lower, the effect is gone.

Some important details:
NVidia GF2 (ABIT GeForce2 Ti4200 Siluro)
latest nvidia kernel driver (5336), self compiled
TFT iiyama ProLite E431S, using the DVI interface

When I connect my TFT to the D-SUB out of the video card and the D-SUB in
of my TFT (both card and TFT have both interfaces), the effect is also
gone.

So, where lies the problem? Is it the nvidia card that produces bad output
to the DVI interface in 1280x1024? Is it the nvidia driver? Or is it my
TFT?

The last doesn't sound reasonable. Any input on this?

Thanks,
Sebastiaan

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)