Re: libstdc++.so.5 for woody?

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:07:26AM +1000, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 06:11:41PM +0200, Johann Spies said
> > I am setting up a mail server on woody using backports for exim(4.31)
> > and spamassassin (2.63).  I want to use uvscan on it but uvscan needs
> > libstdc++.os.5 which does not seem available for woody.

> Rebuild it against the libstdc++ in woody?

Unfortunately it is not an open source product and I don't have access
to the source code.

> If that's not an option,
> maybe make a sarge chroot and run it in there.
> http://people.debian.org/~walters/chroot.html explains how.

I will investigate that possibility.

I have thought of backporting libstdc++5 for woody, but the
number of extra packages I have to install from sarge to be able to
compile it on woody, makes me a bit hesitant to do it.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me
      from all my fears."    Psalms 34:41