Re: big problem

> Umar Drazwrote:
hey members

>  i have use woody.
>
>   and i have install mysql.4.xx through source not for debian
package.
>   installation is successfull. Now i want start mysql during boot
time. thats why i have

> create a file calld /etc/rc.local and place there a line....
>
>   /usr/local/mysql/share/mysql/mysql.server start
>   when i reboot my machine my /tmp clean and also remove mysql.sock
thats why mysql not run.

>   so plz help me what i can to do that /tmp is also clean but mysql
is also run

> thanks and regards
>
> Umar Draz

tmp's probably being cleaned by...

/etc/rcS.d/SXXbootmisc.sh

If your moving into runlevel 2 after the initial boot, it seems
strange that you carn't create a file in tmp. I put a stamp file for
"hdparm" there, so that i don't end up re-running it on level changes
during the same session...

Make sure the "local" script is at the end of the list of runlevel
scripts to run. I'd even consider just looking for one thats quite
simple/brief, and using that as a template to startup your mysql
stuff.

Check that "world/others" have write permission to tmp as well, that
could muck things up a bit, as we don't loggin as "root", do we.. :)

jm
----