big problem

hey members

 i have use woody.

  and i have install mysql.4.xx through source not for debian package.
  installation is successfull. Now i want start mysql during boot time. thats why i have

create a file calld /etc/rc.local and place there a line....

  /usr/local/mysql/share/mysql/mysql.server start
  when i reboot my machine my /tmp clean and also remove mysql.sock thats why mysql not run.

  so plz help me what i can to do that /tmp is also clean but mysql is also run

thanks and regards

Umar Draz

Do you Yahoo!?