Re: Stripping /dev post udev?

Hi,

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, Scott Robinson wrote:

> What are the bare minimum devices necessary to boot up to udev?
>
> I just migrated from devfs, and have returned to having a filesystem full of
> useless device nodes.
>
> I am not subscribed to this list.

I guess you want to know which packages need to be installed, since udev
completely replaces /dev, leaving you only with a few nodes.

I installed udev en sysfsutils and made sure my kernel was compiled with
the option CONFIG_TMPFS=y was set (could be other options necessary).

Then udev worked almost instantly, leaving me with a few issues, which I
hoped will all be solved in this thread:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2004/debian-user-200404/msg01449.html

Cheers,
Sebastiaan

--

English written by Dutch people is easily recognized by the improper use of 'In principle ...'

The software box said 'Requires Windows 95 or better', so I installed Linux.

Als Pacman in de jaren '80 de kinderen zo had be?nvloed zouden nu veel jongeren rondrennen
in donkere zalen terwijl ze pillen eten en luisteren naar monotone electronische muziek.
(Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989)