Re: no DRI in X

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 the mental interface of
Pim Bliek | PingWings.nl told:

> Hi Elimar,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. Here is my output...
>
> Pim
>
> $ export LIBGL_DEBUG=1 && glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
> Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
> libGL error: XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable faileddisplay: :0
This simply means that DRI isn't loaded. Please check

$ grep EE /var/log/XFree86

for errors. My suggestion is, that agp doesn't work properly.
You have to load both, the agp-modul ant the agp-chipset-module to
get agp work. As well check wether radeon is loaded:

$ lsmod | grep radeon

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Experience is something you don't get until
  just after you need it!