Re: CDRW conf

Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 the mental interface of
Manu told:

Hi

I have never used a CDRW on Linux and was wondering
how to configure it. I am using kernel 2.6.4-1 and

I have when starting my pc I see the following:
-----------
hdc: PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1610A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive -----------

when I execute "cdrecrod -scanbus" I get:

On an ATAPI system you must use:

$ cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATAPI

To burn a cd you have always to use dev=/dev/hdc.

I think it depends on where it is mounted.
If it is an internal unit, mounted as secondary master,
that may well be the case, it should register as hdc.
If it isn't, it won't be.

I have a typical ATAPI set-up.
A master and slave on primary, a CD-ROM as secondary master
and another IDE drive for a secondary slave.
But running Sarge with a 2.4.21 kernel, my external Plextor automatically
registered as a scsi unit, and I have no complaints. Works well.
Regards,

David.