Re: CDRW conf

Katipo escribió:

Katipo wrote:

Manu wrote:

Hi

I have never used a CDRW on Linux and was wondering
how to configure it. I am using kernel 2.6.4-1 and

I have when starting my pc I see the following:
-----------
hdc: PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1610A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive -----------

when I execute "cdrecrod -scanbus" I get:

cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open SCSI driver.

I thought with kernel 2.6.x I would not need ide-scsi
emulation..

Following is the list of module I have currently
loaded:

What am I missing? I also read I need to add something
to lilo.conf...

Hello Manu,

It looks like you're missing the sg module.
I've got an external Plexwriter 24/10/40U, which is recognised as:-

Linux sg driver version:  3.1.25
Using libscg version  'schily-  0.8'.
scsibus1:
1,0,0 100) 'PLEXTOR' 'CD-R PX-W2410A' '1.03' Removable CD-ROM

It works well.
I just did my first burn with it, the new Beta 3 Sarge Installer.

You might also find this handy:-

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-cdburn.html

Regards,

David.

Added to http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?Burner

Can anybody write a clear and easy guide ??.

Regards.