Re: mozilla 1.5 spell checker does not work?

H. S. wrote:
Hi,

I am using Mozilla 1.5 on Sarge (kernel 2.4.24-1-686). When composing news in the Newsreader, I notice that if I run the spell checker (by clicking on the Spell icon), it doesn't catch any spelling mistakes. Suggestion what I am missing here and how to make it work?

Thanks,
->HS

Indeed. I compile the latest Mozilla's myself to get xft and a splash and I have the same problem in 1.5: it seems to do nothing. Did you check bugzilla? Also it works in 1.7b which is the latest, which I run also.

Hugo