Re: autofs not reading nis maps

John Harrold wrote:
Sometime in April Roberto Sanchez assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Here is my /etc/nsswitch.conf:
| | passwd: compat

<snip
| bootparams:     nis [NOTFOUND=return] files
| publickey:      nis [NOTFOUND=return] files
| automount:      files nis
| aliases:        nis [NOTFOUND=return] file

hum.. this didn't work. what version of autofs are you running? i don't
know if this is the right way to do this but "apt-cache showpkg autofs"
says i have 3.9.99-4.0.0pre10-16 installed. could you forward a copy of
your /etc/init.d/autofs startup script to me?

# apt-cache policy autofs
autofs:
  Installed: 3.9.99-4.0.0pre10-16
  Candidate: 3.9.99-4.0.0pre10-16