Chrony vs ntpd (was Re: ntpdate doesn't fix bogus times!)

At 2004-04-08T03:04:46Z, Christian Schnobrich <schnobs@babylon-kino.de> writes:

> Oh, and... everybody suggests chrony as a far superior and more stable
> solution than ntpd.

More stable?  In what way?  Not once in the years that I've used ntpd have I
ever had problems with it.

I occasionally hear someone say that chrony is better than ntpd, but I've
never heard the reasons why.  I'm apparently Googling for the wrong things,
since I can't find a comparison between the two.  Can anyone give a link
showing why chrony is better than ntpd, or vice versa, or how they're
different?

I use and like ntpd, but I'm always open to new things.
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.