Re: Chrony vs ntpd (was Re: ntpdate doesn't fix bogus times!)

* Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com> [040408 09:05]:

> I occasionally hear someone say that chrony is better than ntpd, but
> I've never heard the reasons why.

I tried setting up ntp and found it difficult, but tried setting up
chrony and found it easy.  Since I'm just running a few boxes at home, I
wanted something quick and easy: set up one machine as a time server and
have the other machines connect to it.  Ntp may well better for some
purposes (large networks and such), but for my tiny home network I found
chrony simpler to understand and hence quicker to set up.

--
Lance Simmons