locating and installation of missing drivers, which are not installed on the hd

Hi all,
I installed debian version 3.0r2 / woody wit the idepci kernel, and now find
that some of the modules I require for my hardware, such as ide-scsci (to
enable cdrrecord) and es1371 (for my sound card) have not been installed on
the hardisk.
Is it possible to download these missing modules and manually install them
from either CD preferred option or of the internet.
Can modconf be updated with a knowledge of the missing modules ?

thanks

Robert Fernando
www.rowanclose.com

---