Re: upgrade broken (Testing) for 10 days - libxrender

Uwe Dippel wrote:
On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:30:17 +0200, Sebastiaan wrote:

a apt-get dist-upgrade is usually recommended since it also
installs/removes packages when the distribution changes. Try that first,
see if the problem remains.

# apt-get dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  libxaw7-dev: Depends: x-dev but it is not installed
               Depends: libxmu-dev but it is not installed
               Depends: libxt-dev but it is not installed
               Depends: libsm-dev but it is not installed
               Depends: libice-dev but it is not installed
               Depends: libxext-dev but it is not installed
               Depends: libx11-dev but it is not installed
               Depends: libxpm-dev but it is not installed
  libxrender-dev: Depends: libxrender1 (= 0.8.3-5) but 0.8.3-7 is installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

Back at square one. Am I really the only user with this trouble ?? What
went wrong; I don't remember having clicked or selected anything
particular. ?

But you do not do a backup before a dist-upgrade? Use mondoarchive...