Re: How to mount NFS system behind DSL routers

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 22:49 +0100, Raúl Alexis Betancort Santana wrote:

>  Hi all, I have the folowing scenario.
>
>     NET A         Router A                      Router B        NET B
> 192.168.0.x  ->> DSL Router --->>> iNet <<<--- DSL Router <<- 192.168.0.x
>
>  I know, I know, the two networks are overlapped, but that's not a
> problem, they do not see each other.
>
>  On Router A I have all port redirected to machineA inside Network A,
> and the same on Router B, I'm trying to mount a NFS directory from

That sounds like a good way to get rooted. RPC systems are notoriously
insecure. It is, of course, your choice though.

> machineB into machineA, but I'm getting error messages telling me
> "Permission denied", permissions are ok, and on machineB syslog apears
> messages as ".... invalid port 12481 ...", I have follow some docs I
> have found searching on google that show me how to setup all daemons
> to work on knows ports instead of radom ones given by portmaper.

is 12481 the correct port? What does "rpcinfo -p" tell you?

>  Any hint or suggestion? mounting a IPSec tunnel is not an option, or
> any other tunnel technologie, I have no full control over the
> systems, so I can not install new kernels with that functions enabled.

You can probably use vtun, most kernels already have the tun module, or
you can do PPP over ssh.

-Mark