Re: Debian WiFi card recomendations please

I ended up buying a Motorola WE800G wireless bridge, since I couldn't find
any Cisco/Aironet cards in local stores and no other "G" stuff seems to be
well-supported by the kernel.

It works great (based, admittedly, on 24 hours of testing).  The only things
to watch out for:

1.  Firefox 0.8 can't be used to configure it.  Konqueror 3.1.5 works fine.

2.  You must assign a static IP address in the 192.168.30.x range to your PC
    in order to communicate with the bridge (for configuration).  After the
    bridge is set up, you can revert to DHCP if preferred.

    I hadn't used a static IP address in years, it took me minutes to
    remember the syntax ("ifconfig eth0 up 192.168.30.2").

I had tried two other brands of bridge (or equivalent), Linksys and Netgear.
The first failed after a few weeks, and two Netgears I bought would freeze
after 30-60 minutes of use and need to be reset.  So far the Motorola is
fine.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum