Re: Help needed

[Please wrap your lines!  It makes it much easier to read, and thus more
likely that you'll get a response.  Anywhere between 70 and 80 is
acceptable; 72 seems to be a nice value.]

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 09:11:44PM +0100, ed@ednevitible.co.uk said
> I have a harddisk size of 160GB. I am finding it hard to find a
> release of Debian that supports 48bit LBA which is what I need to
> partition this disk so that I can use all of the 160GB available.
> Currently I can see only 137GB of usable space.
>
> I have tried various ISO's, sid included. However, sid doesnt load by
> default, I have to use boot: linux ramdisk=10000 otherwise it cant
> load, however, it then has script errors before the install starts. So
> I cant use this one.

Debian doesn't make "sid isos" available, complain to whoever made them.

> I have tried a netinstall, which fails when it tries to install
> certain packages.

Check the md5 sum of the CD with the image you downloaded and the oen
listed on the Debian website, it might be corrupted.

> Could someone please point me to an ISO that supports 48bit LBA.

Sarge beta3 has kernel 2.4.25, which should support it.
www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:   class struggle Ft. Meade Fortezza Glock FBI armed overthrow