vsftpd

Hi there,

I am running vsftpd v1.2.1 backported for Woody on an otherwise pretty
standard install.
The problem is that when running, I can only connect as one certain user (me
as it happens)..all other users get "Login Incorrect" errors , even when the
correct username/password combination is used..

The vsfpd.conf file looks like this:

listen=yes
anonymous_enable=NO
local_enable=YES
write_enable=YES
xferlog_enable=YES
userlist_enable=YES
userlist_deny=NO
userlist_file=/etc/vsftp/user.list
chmod_enable=NO
dirmessage_enable=YES
hide_ids=YES
ls_recurse_enable=YES
pasv_enable=YES
port_enable=YES
xferlog_enable=YES
accept_timeout=30
connect_timeout=30
data_connection_timeout=120
idle_session_timeout=120
local_max_rate=6144
max_clients=5
max_per_ip=1
banner_file=/etc/vsftp/banner
cmds_allowed=GET,PUT,PASV,FEAT,RETR,PWD,LIST,TYPE,LS,ASCII,BIN,HASH

The /etc/vsftp/user.list file looks like:

pclarke
lloyd
emu

If I try to log in with a user *not* in the user.list file I get an
immediate login denied message, which I would expect. When trying to log in
with a user other than pclarke, I get the "Login Incorrect" error.

Any ideas??

Cheers,

Pete.