Re: Can't use GUI as root

> > I'm running sid and I can login to root from the console but when I try
> > to startx if fails, the same happens with the graphical login manager. I
> > don't have any problem using a normal user.
> >
> > Anybody know what's the problem?
>
> Problem exists between keyboard and chair.  Don't log in as root.  Log
> in as a normal user, and use su -m to run things as root.  Then you're
> not running *nearly* as much while running as root, less potential to
> screw things up.

Please notice that I'm not asking whether or not logging in as root is a good
thing, I am asking if anybody knows why my system behaves like that; if you
don't know the answer, fine, but please don't preach to me.

Toshiro.

PS: I don't like the tone of your message, next time think twice before
posting  phrases like "Problem exists between keyboard and chair", you won't
make many friends with this kind of attitude.