Re: Error installing libgimp2.0 on Debian unstable

This is already filed -- hopefully it will be fixed soon: http://bugs.debian.org/241587

> >  trying to overwrite
> > `/usr/share/locale/ca/LC_MESSAGES/gimp20-libgimp.mo', which is also > > in package gimp-data
>

> Rename this and do it again.

This will not work, at least not efficiently; if I recall correctly there were a large number of overlapping files in libgimp2.0 and gimp-data packages. The "correct" thing to do is install the package with the --force-overwrite command to dpkg:

dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libgimp2.0*.deb

regards,