RE: Error installing libgimp2.0 on Debian unstable

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for answering. I seem to be having a problem with the debian-user
list : I never saw my own message, nor the message from the other person
who said "rename this and do it again" (which I had already tried).
Luckily I saw yours...

> This is already filed -- hopefully it will be fixed soon:
> http://bugs.debian.org/241587

Thanks for the pointer, I'll be sure to check there next time.

>  > Rename this and do it again.
>
> This will not work, at least not efficiently; if I recall correctly
> there were a large number of overlapping files in libgimp2.0 and
> gimp-data packages.  The "correct" thing to do is install the package
> with the --force-overwrite command to dpkg:
>
> dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libgimp2.0*.deb

Thanks, this seems to have allowed me to install the package, and the
rest of my upgrade is going smoothly now.

Thanks again,

Jean-Sébastien Guay        jean_seb@videotron.ca
                  http://whitestar02.webhop.org/