Re: Do Not make symlinks again in rc?.d after daemon package upgrade ?

On Sun, Apr 04, 2004 at 03:44:48PM +0200, jjluza wrote:
> For some reason, I need to remove some symlinks to daemon in rc?.d. I launh
> such a deamon from another place by running manually /etc/init.d/daemon
> start.
> The problem is that after each deamon package upgrade, the symlinks are
> created again.

Don't remove all of them, then. From update-rc.d(8):

       If  any  files  /etc/rcrunlevel.d/[SK]??name already exist then
       update-rc.d does nothing.  This is so that the system  adminis-
       trator  can  rearrange  the  links, provided that they leave at
       least one link remaining, without  having  their  configuration
       overwritten.