Re: Do Not make symlinks again in rc?.d after daemon package upgrade ?

Le dimanche 4 Avril 2004 16:43, Colin Watson a écrit :

> Don't remove all of them, then. From update-rc.d(8):
>
>        If  any  files  /etc/rcrunlevel.d/[SK]??name already exist then
>        update-rc.d does nothing.  This is so that the system  adminis-
>        trator  can  rearrange  the  links, provided that they leave at
>        least one link remaining, without  having  their  configuration
>        overwritten.
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Yes, it's one of the tips I already heard about, but I look for something
cleaner than only let one symlink in rc5.d (for example).
We don't use all runlevel everyday, that's right, but if I want to never run a
daemon from rc?.d, I think it is better to not have any symlinks to this
daemon anywhere.
I could let a symlink only in rc6.d too, but some scripts do many things when
they stop a daemon, and if it doesn't run, there are error messages, wait
delays, etc ...