Re: Do Not make symlinks again in rc?.d after daemon package upgrade ?

jjluza wrote:
Dear people,

For some reason, I need to remove some symlinks to daemon in rc?.d. I launh such a deamon from another place by running manually /etc/init.d/daemon start. The problem is that after each deamon package upgrade, the symlinks are created again. I heard about some hacks to avoid this, but I thinks we need a cleaner policy to manage this, like a file where there are symlinks which can be upgrade for example.

What do you think about that ?

That question is probably better suited to the debian-devel
list.  IT would probably require serious coordination between
package maintainers/developers.

-Roberto Sanchez