Re: Problem installing Sarge from ISO images

Galicic, Joseph R. wrote:
I'm having a problem installing Sarge with ISO images.  I get the base
system installed ok.  After the first reboot I am presented with a
configuration menu.  I get as far as configuring apt by letting it scan 5 of
my iso images.  I have no net connection.  It scans my cd's and says that
apt is configured and I can select over 3500 packages.  When I go to select
the packages the install hangs.

What do you mean? He scans the CD's, you put in all 5 of them, one at a time. Then he asks you whether you want to run tasksel, or whatever, what do you say?

Does he install packages?

Do you ever get: "Thank you for choosing Debian"?

   After rebooting I ask for a shell and
manually type tasksel and get to choose some packages to install.  When I
select finish it asks me for the fisrt iso image.  I put the cd in and hit
enter and it continues to ask me for disk 1 over and over again.

You mean he says "Insert CD#1", you do so, he reads it, and says "Insert CD#1" again, or he keeps saying it without reading the CD?

  Any ideas
what I am doing wrong.  Is the Sarge installer broken?  I have had the very
same problem on two different machines now. Thanks for any adivce.  --Joe

Hugo.