Re: Mozilla Package : Who to contact for suggestions

Hello Steve!

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 12:03:13PM -0800, Steve wrote:
> I would like to make some suggestions about some links to include on
> the default home page that comes with the mozilla*.debs.

If you have the 'reportbug' package installed you can just use it to
file a bug (severity: wishlist) against the package, ie.
$ reportbug mozilla-browser
and it will automagically handle all the adressing and filing.

When it is not clear against what package a bug should be filed
reportbug can just be invoked with the particular file as a parameter,
ie.
$ reportbug /usr/share/doc/mozilla-browser/localstart.html
which is incidentally exactly the file which is shown in mozilla's
address bar and which you want to extend.

Without reportbug you can find out what package a certain file belongs
to by using dpkg, ie.
$ dpkg -S /usr/share/doc/mozilla-browser/localstart.html
and then show information about this package with
$ apt-cache show <packagename>
yielding, among other things, name and mail address of the maintainer.

The respective manpages provide further insight if you are so
inclined... ;)

> I didn't see any contact on the debian site.

Which site? This one list Takuo as the maintainer... ;)
http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/mozilla-browser

> Does anyone know how I would contact this person?

Private email or, preferrably, reportbug should be the way to go.

HTH,
Flo