Re: X missing XVideo extension (was Re: Xine/Mplayer can't use xv)

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 21:14, Tom Chance wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> Since I've not yet had any replies that have worked here, I thought I'd
> resurrect this thread with a title that I now know is more suitable.
>
> Can anybody confirm whether or not they have the XVideo extension working in a
> recently updated Debian unstable. You can find out by running "xdpyinfo" and
> grepping for XVIDEO.
>
> And can anyone suggest why a Debian machine I recently set-up might be missing
> this extension, even with libxv installed?
>
> Regards,
> Tom

Hi im using testing and i have this extension but that doesnt help you.
Have you had a look at your /va/log/XFree.log to chech if it tries to
load it? Any errors?
This is a part from mine:
(II) LoadModule: "extmod"
(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libextmod.a
(II) Module extmod: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        compiled for 4.3.0.1, module version = 1.0.0
        Module class: XFree86 Server Extension
        ABI class: XFree86 Server Extension, version 0.2
(II) Loading extension SHAPE
(II) Loading extension MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
(II) Loading extension BIG-REQUESTS
(II) Loading extension SYNC
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XC-MISC
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-Misc
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension FontCache
(II) Loading extension TOG-CUP
(II) Loading extension Extended-Visual-Information
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
(II) Loading extension X-Resourc

So it seems that module "extmod" is loading this extesion.
Try putting extmod in section "Module" in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
Example:

Section "Module"
        Load    "xtt"
#       Load    "GLcore"