X missing XVideo extension (was Re: Xine/Mplayer can't use xv)

Hello again,

Since I've not yet had any replies that have worked here, I thought I'd
resurrect this thread with a title that I now know is more suitable.

Can anybody confirm whether or not they have the XVideo extension working in a
recently updated Debian unstable. You can find out by running "xdpyinfo" and
grepping for XVIDEO.

And can anyone suggest why a Debian machine I recently set-up might be missing
this extension, even with libxv installed?

Regards,
Tom