Re: Useful new package management tool

'ellow,

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 20:02, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> It's always good to see more new tools for Debian. But have you checked
> out deborphan at all? It does pretty much the same thing that your
> script does. If your script has advantages over the functions provided
> by deborphan, I'd be very interested to hear them. If you're just
> re-inventing the wheel for your own amusement, then kudos to you. :) I
> did the same thing when I wrote a debian mirroring script that basically
> does the same thing as debmirror only using rsync. :)

Well... ours /does/ take up less disk space :-).

I had no idea about deborphan before; will have to investigate it more
fully.  It seems very useful, though.  Thanks for letting me know about
it.

There is another debian-related script at my site.  It simply looks for
packages you've removed but not purged and gives you the chance to purge
them.  OK; I'm going to brace myself for the news that this has been
done before too :-).

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>