Re: Gimp 2.0 in sarge?

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 08:46:26AM +0300, E&Erdem wrote:
> Hi,
> Kevin Mark:
> > On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 10:23:47PM +0000, Chris Smith wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Anyone know if Gimp 2 will make it into sarge at release at all?
> > >
> > > I've just built a -testing box to play with and all is promising so far
> > > apart from that!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Chris
> > > http://www.scratchmonkey.org.uk/
> > >

> > > --
> > Hi Chris,
> > Not sure if this is what you want, but I downloaded a tar ball from the
> > gimp site about a week ago and compiled it using debian libraries and it
> > took little effort to make it run on my 'unstable' machine.
> > -Kev
> I get this error when i tried to install gimp 2.0 on my testing/unstable
> machine.
> # ./configure
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.2.0... no
> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
> for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
> installed.
> configure: error: Test for GLIB failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.
>
> GTK installed:
>
> # dpkg -s libgtk2.0-0
> Package: libgtk2.0-0
> Section: libs
> Installed-Size: 3932
> Maintainer: Akira TAGOH <tagoh@debian.org>
> Source: gtk+2.0
> Version: 2.2.4-3
>

> So, how can i solve this?
> --
>  E&Erdem

Hi, these are some of the libs that I have installed.
Note: that when you compile an app, it is not looking for the 'library'
but it is looking for the 'development' files. So, get the "-dev"
packages.
So, you may need : libglib2.0-dev.
-Kev

ii  libgtk2.0-0                                  2.2.4-3
ii  libgtk2.0-common                             2.2.4-3
ii  libgtk2.0-dev                                2.2.4-3
ii  libglib2.0-0                                 2.2.3-1
ii  libglib2.0-data                              2.2.3-1
ii  libglib2.0-dev                               2.2.3-1