Stripping KDE

Hello,

I am in the process of stripping my system down.....again.
I want at this stage, to get rid of KDE completely.
The last couple of times I ran into a couple of road blocks:
The first time, and I'm afraid I can't even remember the name of the application now, I couldn't remove absolutely everything. There was a dependency issue somewhere. Would anybody be able to jog my memory regarding that?

The second time was weird, I stripped out application by application, until there was just kthesaurus and koffice-space left, 'dpkg --purge'd those , successfully according to dpkg, and then found them alive and well on my system. Couldn't believe it, typed a word into kthesaurus, and got a whole list of synonyms back.

Trying again after a fresh install. Does anybody have any good advice as to a successful technique for this, e.g., is there a recommended remove sequence? Or can anyone point me to a reference?
Thanks,

David.