Re: Gimp 2.0 in sarge?

Hi,
Kevin Mark:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 10:23:47PM +0000, Chris Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anyone know if Gimp 2 will make it into sarge at release at all?
> >
> > I've just built a -testing box to play with and all is promising so far
> > apart from that!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Chris
> > http://www.scratchmonkey.org.uk/
> >

> > --
> Hi Chris,
> Not sure if this is what you want, but I downloaded a tar ball from the
> gimp site about a week ago and compiled it using debian libraries and it
> took little effort to make it run on my 'unstable' machine.
> -Kev
I get this error when i tried to install gimp 2.0 on my testing/unstable
machine.
# ./configure
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.2.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error: Test for GLIB failed. See the file 'INSTALL' for help.

GTK installed:

# dpkg -s libgtk2.0-0
Package: libgtk2.0-0
Section: libs