Moving from unstable to testing

I have been running a debian unstable machine for a while but I'd like to move
it to a "testing" machine (with a few unstable packages pinned). I know
downgrades like this aren't really encouraged, but I don't want to downgrade
so much as run the system I'm running now, and wait for my unstable packages
to "catch up" to testing. After that I'd like the packages to upgrade from
testing instead of unstable.

I notice that apt-show-versions shows that dpkg seems to "know" what flavour a
given package was installed in. Is there any way (without horribly breaking
things) to trick dpkg into thinking everything on my system was installed as
"testing" instead of "unstable," and to have my apt-get upgrades ignore
anything that's got a version "in the future" as far as "testing" is
concerned?